||Long recognized as a pioneer among OEM and MRO
manufacturers, Boston Gear has been producing dependable products since
1877 - and at the top of the list is our 700 Series worm gear speed
reducer. Our 700 Series is known throughout the industry for its durable,
efficient, and trouble-free performance. And with our Reducer Express™
service, we'll ship any of our 15 million different speed reducer
combinations, in stock or not, by air within 24 hours - or we'll pay the
freight. To find out how to incorporate Boston Gear's world-class
reputation into your designs
- Our 700 Series is the standard for modular worm
- Manufactured in Boston Gear's ISO
9002-certified, state-of-the-art reducer facility, 700 Series products
are consistently superior.
- A comprehensive selection of modified products
enhances the flexibility of the 700 Series.
- Single and double reduction models provide a
large array of ratios.
- Hollow and projecting output shafts afford
multiple mounting configurations.
- BISSC-certified washdown-duty models withstand
- Reducer Express the industry's most
responsive delivery program - ensures that the product you need is there
when you need it.
- Conveyors (belt,
direct-drive, inclined, etc.)
- Packaging machinery
(shrink wrappers, stretch wrappers, case sealers, etc.)
- Special machinery
- Three distinct
series allow you to match the proper gear drive to your specific
- The 800 Series
provides a functional interchange for SEW Eurodrive and other European
manufacturers' helical gear drives, making it uniquely practical for
- Our 600 Series
provides a broad selection of in-line helical gear drives, ensuring one
for every need.
- Boston Gear's 200
Series Optimount® offers a unique shaft-mount design to meet the unusual
requirements of horizontal and vertical applications.
- There are
comparable, washdown-duty models for all three series, making it easy to
match our products to your needs.
- A complete
selection of complementary products further enhances the versatility of
our helical gear drive product line:
- AC and DC
motors and adjustable speed drives
adjustable speed traction drives
- Couplings and
- The industry's
most responsive delivery programs ensure timely delivery.
||While Boston Gear's planetary motor multiplier can be used
as a 5:1 speed reducer/torque multiplier, it can also be used in
combination with our 700, 600, 800, and 200 Series reducers. In the latter
capacity, it enhances reducer performance without the delay or expense of
a custom design, making this an economical alternative to a
- This motor multiplier increases motor torque incrementally for
- It can be used with any 56 C-face gear drive or motor to multiply
the ratio by 5:1 for optimal performance.
- It can also be used as a stand alone unit with optional base kit
adding to its versatility.
- This product's capacity to immediately convert any single reduction
C-face gear drive into a double reduction model makes it a uniquely
- The planetary spur gear system provides operation that's as smooth
as it is quiet.
- Pre-lubrication for life means quality performance with less
- Overall, the planetary motor multiplier vastly increases inventory
- Use with virtually any NEMA 56C flanged reducer to augment stock
ratios and maximize inventory flexibility.
- Use as a stand alone 5:1 gear drive
||Boston Gear's HTD® timing belts combine the advantages of
a flat belt with the positive-grip features of chain and gear drives. As
the timing belt travels over the teeth of the pulley, there is no slippage
like there is with flat belts. Since only a minimal amount of belt tension
is required to prevent this slippage, the bearing loads on the driving
shaft is reduced. And unlike gear and chain drives, which require
lubrication, these timing belts need none, which make them easy to operate
and easy to maintain.
||Boston Gear offers a complete line of AC and DC motors to
complement the industry's broadest line of enclosed gear drives and
adjustable speed controllers. From 1/20 to 1000 HP, Boston has a motor to
suit your specific application. And our Guaranteed Same Day Shipment
Program will keep your machines running.
- Motors from 1/20 to 75 HP mean a model for every need.
- DC motors from 1/6 to 1000 HP add additional flexibility.
- Numerous enclosures and model configurations satisfy a variety of
- The industry's most responsive delivery program minimizes downtime.
- A wide array of complementary AC and DC adjustable speed drives,
clutches and brakes, and enclosed gear drives provide a comprehensive
selection of uniquely compatible components.